Every year at TEDWomen, we gather to talk about issues that matter, to learn and bond and get energized. This year, we will be reconvening on November 1–3 in New Orleans — and we would love for you, and your amazing perspective and ideas, to join us and become part of this diverse, welcoming group that’s growing…
Author: pamela martin
I am a member of this important group and a proud supporter of the Texas Authors Institute of History where we are thrilled to announce that Author/Songwriter, Mike Blakely will be our Honoree Chair for the annual author reception gala scheduled for October 6 as part of the Lone Star Book Festival events.
Mike Blakely is a two-time winner of the Western Writers of America’s Spur Award – for a best western novel of the year and best western song of the year.
He has published 18 books with major New York City publishers.Mike’s most recent book is titled “A Song to Die For,” releasedNovember 2014. Some of his recent releases were co-written: One with Willie Nelson (A Tale Out of Luck), and another, “What Are The Chances” with Kenny Rogers, (released Sept. 2013).
As a performing songwriter, Mike has released 11 CDs, performed all over the U.S., and made 16 tours to Europe. His songs have been recorded by Alan Jackson, Gary P. Nunn, Red Steagall, Flaco Jimenez and Raul Malo, John Arthur Martinez, Randy Brown, Geronimo Trevino III and Johnny Rodriguez, Johnny Bush, Pauline Reese, Debbi Walton and others. He is currently in the studio recording his next CD.
A native Texan, Mike served in the U.S. Air Force and later earned a bachelor’s degree in journalism from the University of Texas at Austin.He published his first novel in 1988 and his first CD in 1995. One of his co-written tunes landed on a Grammy Award-winning album by Flaco Jimenez in 1995. Another was played on the orbiting International Space Station in 2007.
The Texas Author’s Institute of History’s Author reception will be held Friday, October 6, 2017, at the Main Street Garden park in downtown Dallas, Texas. Mike will perform songs from his latest CD as well as some of his classics. All proceeds will benefit the Texas Authors Institute of History museum ― a museum like none other, that saves Texas Author’s history one book at a time while supporting future writers in grades 6-12 through their Texas Short Story writing contest.
Join Mike Blakley for the author reception and then come back for the Lone Star Book Festival that is truly about independent authors and their books. Spaces are still available for this two-day event on October 7 & 8, 2017 that will be held at the Main St. Gardens Park. To learn about the event and to sign up, please visit their website: http://lonestarbookfest.com
Tickets are now on sale for $25 per person, or group tickets here: http://texasauthors.institute/index.php/features/author-reception
I recently had the pleasure of connecting with thousands of dynamic women from the state of Texas and Nationally that support Mr Trump and who are officially known as the Texas Women’s Coalition for Donald J. Trump.
The Texas Coalition is full of leaders and organizers where many of us are working in various cities around Texas and Nationally. I was thrilled to have the pleasure of meeting the dynamic and well informed Katrina Pierson seen regularly on National News setting fake news reporters straight about the facts around Donald J. Trump and his agenda. Also leading our Texas team were a few good men like Joshua Jones, Eric Mahroun and everyone’s local hero Mr. Paul Lemmon. Paul was always there in the trenches helping us keep things rolling along locally and nationally, we have a tremendous team.
The support was strong and it was impressive during the primaries and the election and has carried forward to post election drama. I have to say that when I wrote the thriller Waking the Dragon which is a novel about a corrupt US Presidential election I never imagined I would be involved in the very election scenarios I wrote about.
Stay tuned ..
It has been a long road to the White House and Donald Trump has learned a thing to two on the path to becoming President and leader of the Free World. I welcome him as the new President and I welcome a long overdue emergence of law and order and the overload of Political Correctness has to be finished and done. I welcome secure borders and I welcome all of the economic greatness that is coming back to America. I welcome Donald and Melania Trump and know that we are going to be Great and the new leaders will Make America Great Again. I have the pleasure in knowing a few of the new staffers and leaders and I am convinced that they have the knowledge and integrity to get things done for this country, things that have not been done for a long time – if ever.
Photo: Pamela Martin & Jeff Sessions (US Attorney General) RNC Convention Dallas Texas -Immigrants coming in today have to understand how fortunate they are to have the benefit to come to America, and while you are at it, it would be great to keep in mind the fact that YOU left your birth country to come here for a Better life so dont try to turn American communities into what you left. Whateaver the reason you came here you should contribute to have a better life by supporting keeping the borders safe and by pulling your own weight and learn to speak the language. There are many reasons people immigrate legally and illegally. Consider the feelings of those that were born in America and how they feel about illegal immigrants ranting and protesting while flying flags of their former home. How can anyone be ok watching people burn the American Flag?? Wake up people illegal immigrants are “using” our hard earned tax dollars on entitlements, bad ideas and pushing their bs agendas. Agendas that wont benefit you in any way. I support keeping tax dollars and entitlements for the elderly,education, homeland security, infrastructure and vets. END OF THE RANT 🙂
Pamela Martin is an American author from Texas. Her writing is driven by her interests in politics, conspiracy and global espionage; topics that are shared vividly in her thought provoking stories.
The series is full of twists and turns and has an unpredictable maze of multidimensional scenarios that will keep you fully engaged as the story’s protagonist draws you deeper into her epic adventure.
In both novels Hard Whispers & Waking The Dragon, the author Pamela Martin explores “hot button” political conspiracy and espionage while intertwining a heroic story of an inspiring young woman, Russian orphans, Presidential elections, Hybrid vaccinations and National secrets that are in jeopardy.
The Hard Whispers series guarantees to take the reader on a fast paced journey with the book’s main character Pamela Graham, a young woman who has realized she has a multitude of reasons to keep uncovering the truth~ you can hear Pam’s political commentary regularly on many talk radio stations nationally. Check her Twitter@hardwhispers for schedules.
Radio interview online at: https://soundcloud.com/user-783083760/dear-texas-radio-show-22-pamela-martin
More Cyberbullies Caught and Fake News Reporter Ife Blount of the defunct blog Ifelicious & Carl Henegan Caught in a Web of Lies
- Dallas, TX (1888PressRelease) August 03, 2012– Pamela Martin is an accomplished fiction author, global marketing executive, and TV personality. She has worked on various television projects with the Style Network since 2009. She is associated with various groups and clubs in Dallas, Texas where she has a very soft corner for the social cause. For quite sometime, Pamela has been criticized by jealous cyberbullies. Bullies that want to spread fake news and lies. There has been a cause waged by insanely jealous people to discredit Pamela Martin. Specifically by Ms.Ife Blount Walcott author of a defunct blog Ifelicious (has 47 followers). Ife Walcott Blount of Milwaukee WISCONSIN friends with swindler Carl Henegan and former stalker blogger Meritt Patterson of Dallas TX. This group are as low as they go when it comes to creating and spewing fake news.
- Finally the truth is coming out.
- It is said – ‘Truth alone triumphs; not falsehood’. There is nowhere to escape from the laws that protect people from harassment and she supports the fight against online bullying and cyber harassment. Read settlement remarks below from a cyberbully who posted public lies about Pamela Martin Duarte.
- Settlement Response to Pamela Martin From Terri Hernandez, July 12, 2012″Apology is one of the hardest words in the English language. When you realize that you’ve made a mistake and you have hurt other people in the process you owe it to those people to make amends. On February 25, 2012, registered on D Magazine’s Front Burner Blog under the username of Dr. Hamilton, Kimberly Smith and I made a few untrue posts about Pamela Martin (“Pamela”). The statements made by me about Pamela are not true. I had no basis for making such outrageous allegations. In fact, I mistook Pamela for another woman who I used to be acquainted with the same name.“I am truly sorry for the harm that my false statements have caused to Pamela and her family. I encourage those who engage in cyberbullying to think about the harm that their Mean spirited acts caused to those that they attack and to stop.”
- Judgement imposed by Dallas Courts against Carl Henegan 77036. Judgment Defendant Carl Allen Henegan also goes by the names Carl Henegan and Carl A. Henegan, Judgment Defendant Carl Henegan’s birthday is September 3, 1966. Judgment Defendant Carl Allan Henegan’s driver’s license number and his social security number are not readily available. Judgment Defendant, Carl Henegan, was duly served with Plaintiffs citation and Fifth Amended Petition, naming him as a Defendant, on or about November 24, 2012, by private process server. The Court rendered a judgment against Defendant Carl Henegan.
- Judgment was rendered against Defendant on December 18, 2013, in the amount of Two-Hundred Thousand and 00/100 Dollars ($200,000.00) in damages, plus court costs. Prejudgment interest on the actual damages was awarded at the rate of five percent (5%) per annum from the date the suit was initiated until the date of the judgment, December 18, 2013.
- Post-judgment interest was awarded at the interest rate of five percent (5%) per annum, from the date of judgment until the judgment is paid in full. There is now still due on this judgment the amounts set out above to date owed to Mrs. Martin is $260,000 plus court costs totaling a whopping $410,000 and counting.
Lloyd Scott and Josette Cooner hosted a wonderful program at Scott+Cooner in Dallas, Texas that I was able to attend with my pal Maxine Trowbridge. It was a treat to meet Mario Bellini and hear his vision and learn about his path to greatness. Thank you for your insight and great design – hope you love your official Cowboy Boots!
Dallas does it best and what I am talking about is fun raising while fundraising! Dallas supporters of DIFFA celebrated 50 years recently at the spectacular Dallas Omni. The show produced by Rhonda Sargent Chambers was an amazing music fest and a look back at the fabulous 50 years of DIFFA Dallas. Pamela Martin Duarte, Chairwoman Emerita of the Luxury Marketing Council walked the runway along with many other festive guests. The event was graciously hosted and emceed by Mr. Chuck Steelman and his partner the dapper and fabulous Scott Kehn.
Pamela Martin is a political thriller author from Texas. Her writing is driven by her interests in conspiracy and global espionage; topics that are shared vividly in her thought provoking stories.
Hard Whispers is a fast paced thriller that richly portrays hot button political issues in a very interesting layout of scenarios.
The series is full of twists and turns and has an unpredictable maze that will keep the reader fully engaged as the story’s protagonist draws you deeper into her epic adventure.
The second book in the series is Waking The Dragon.